7 reasons why Panic Buttons are the best thing to happen to your business
If you work in the hospitality industry, chances are good you’ve been hearing a lot of news and information related to the new panic button legislation. And as many of us understand this is a great move for the industry, it’s hard to be relaxed about a topic that has the word panic built into the name.
At Relay, we’re proud that our devices connect workers and empower them through the use of a panic button and a completely connected cellular network. Contact us to find out how to empower your staff through connectivity with a device that alerts anyone to potential danger.
Take the panic out of panic buttons:
If you stop to think about it, panic buttons are probably the best thing to happen to hotels and casinos in years, and here’s why.
- It builds up your brand reputation: Inc reported that 69% of job seekers would reject a job offer from a company with a bad reputation. While legally all in the hospitality sector will eventually have to give panic buttons to specific employees — especially solo workers and housekeeping staff— some are still dragging their feet about the process. By being one of the first to outfit your staff with panic buttons, you show guests and even potential investors that you take the business of both safety and hospitality very seriously. In a sometimes gossipy industry, being one of the first to take safety concerns seriously gets you and your property talked about in the best way possible.
- You’ll retain more employees: Training new staff can sometimes feel like a full-time job in itself. But what about training staff who then leave if they don’t feel safe or protected by their employers? By ensuring that your staff has new and working panic buttons, you’re letting them know that you’re invested in their safety and wellbeing. This automatically reminds them how important they are to your company overall.
- Workers will be less distracted: On a practical level, a panic button allows hotel and casino staff to better pay attention to the work at hand. If someone is constantly looking for a way to contact management in case of an emergency, they probably won’t be able to work as efficiently or effectively. By giving them a panic button connected to a larger network, you’re handing them peace of mind as well. They can pay attention to the task at hand and know that if a guest behaves inappropriately, all they have to do is push a button and help is on the way.
- You can shore up the safety on trouble spots: While no one wants to hear that their property is unsafe, the reality is that many workers are sexually harassed or worse on hotel property. By monitoring the activity on panic buttons, hotel safety staff can better understand if certain areas of the property are less safe, poorly lit or otherwise not as safe as the rest of the property.
- You’ll better support your security staff: The reality of modern life is that emergencies happen and security staff needs to be constantly on high alert. Knowing that your entire team has rapid connectivity in the event of an emergency means that your security staff can better manage their own resources as needed.
- You’ll be more reassured about remote areas of the property: Most hotel management won’t admit how stressful it can be to fully monitor every single foot of the property. If your staff is fully outfitted with panic buttons operating on a secure network, they’ll be able to connect with anyone on the property if needed. While it won’t replace surveillance and security staff, it’s another way of empowering workers and keeping them safer.
- You appear less vulnerable to potential mischief makers: Let’s face it, there are a lot of individuals who surveil properties in the hopes of finding and then later exploiting vulnerabilities. If your staff all have visible panic buttons, it sends a message to anyone looking to rob a property or sexually harass your staff that they will be immediately reported and hopefully caught. In this case the panic button speaks volumes without anyone saying a word.
The Relay difference:
If you’re ready to set up your own network of panic buttons, look no further than Relay. Our products are compliant, affordable, and efficient. Relay is an easy to deploy, flexible panic button. Best yet, it’s also an elevated communications solution, so you’re combining two critical line items into one (with better value). With Relay, you save money, setup is nonexistent, and our products offer hotel staff a practical, easy solution.